WAVAW Rape Crisis Centre
"works to end all forms of violence against women."
All services offered by WAVAW are with the common goals:
- "To emotionally support and empower women
- To facilitate a survivor’s understanding of the emotional and psychological impact of the trauma resulting from abusive or violent experiences
- To explore current personal coping skills and strategies
- To acknowledge women as self-defined and self-identified
- To listen, reflect and offer feedback in a non-judgmental way
- To advocate and provide appropriate referrals, if necessary
- To identify and acknowledge different oppressions and their impact on women’s lives and experience"
WAVAW provides immediate emotional support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year through their 24-Hour Crisis Line;
answered by empathetic and skilled support workers.
Crisis Line support workers are there to listen, to provide non-judgmental support
and if needed, to provide information on available counselling services or referrals
to other community programs and organizations.
24-Hour Crisis Line: 604-255-6344
or toll free 1-877-392-7583
All Services are Free and Confidential